Road trip 101: Entertainment
As a mom of 4 kids who yearly subjects her family to multiple road trips, I have learned a few tips & tricks to make the experience less painful for all involved.
Hopefully, one of these inspires you to make your next road trip just a little bit more pleasant.
Shot at the doctor office… distraction.
Dropped an ice cream cone… distraction.
Food not quite ready yet…distraction.
Still 25 miles to the next diaper changing location & a large smelly diaper has invaded the minivan…distraction.
You get the idea.
Top 10 Car Craft Items
- Sturdy clipboards for writing and folding paper
- Extra erasers, pencils & pencil sharpeners
- Gallon Ziploc to save masterpieces & not done yet masterpieces
- Plastic silverware drawer trays to separate beads or pencils for easy access
- Small pairs of scissors for the parents to use
- Plain white or pastel paper
- Stickers & Plain address labels
- Post-it notes (My future post on airplane travel with kids would not be complete without praising post-it notes.)
- Painter’s tape or masking tape for building paper structures. Encourage architecture in older kids.